Saturday 20 December 2014

Healthy Eating Week 1. Meal Planning.

I've decided to follow the NHS Live Well 12 Week Plan.


This worked well for me at the beginning of the year which is why I'll be following it again. I'm not going to start this diet until January, but I like to plan ahead so I've been looking into meals and the best things to eat.

According to the NHS Live Well plan I should be consuming 1,400 calories a day. The best way to do this is as follows:

  • Breakfast: 280 calories
  • Lunch: 420 calories
  • Dinner: 420 calories
  • Other food and drinks: 280 calories
Week one is about filling up on fibre. Wholegrain breakfasts, beans, fruit, vegetables etc.

My main problem with my eating habits is snacking. I snack far too much on things that I shouldn't. Chocolate, crisps, honey on toast! The phrase 'everything in moderation' just isn't in my dictionary! 

I also tend to eat more in the evenings when our girls are in bed. From January onward I will have a 'no eating after 7pm rule'!

I haven't weighed myself yet, so I'll write another update on the day that I start my new healthy eating plan with this information, but for now here is meal plan for week one.
Monday

Breakfast: Two weetabix with semi-skimmed milk
Lunch: Chicken, lemon and herb salad
Dinner: Jacket potato with beans
Snacks: Apple, popcorn

Tuesday

Breakfast: All bran red berry cereal with semi-skimmed milk
Lunch: Sesame chicken salad
Dinner: Cod, peas and new potatos
Snacks: Carrot sticks, pomegranate

Wednesday

Breakfast: Two weetabix with semi-skimmed milk
Lunch: Salmon and spinach salad
Dinner: Pasta, tuna, light mayo
Snacks: Wholegrain crisp bread, dried fruit

Thursday

Breakfast: All bran red berry cereal with semi-skimmed meal
Lunch: Salmon salad
Dinner: Chicken and rice 
Snacks: Apple, popcorn

Friday

Breakfast: Two weetabix with semi-skimmed milk
Lunch: Jacket potato with beans
Dinner: Sweet and sour chicken
Snacks: Carrot sticks, pomegranate

Saturday

Breakfast: All bran red berry with semi skimmed milk
Lunch: Chicken, lemon and herb salad
Dinner: Curry
Snacks: Wholegrain crisp bread, dried fruit

Sunday

Breakfast: Two weetabix with semi skimmed milk
Lunch: Sesame chicken salad
Dinner: Roast chicken dinner
Snacks: Apple, popcorn

4 comments:

  1. Your diet sounds very good, lovely and tasty. I am surprised you can eat so much for that amount of calories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surprised me too, but it's amazing what you can eat! I'm calorie counting with my fitness pal app to make sure I don't go over. My problem used to be that I overeat. I need to learn portion control and everything in moderation!

      Delete
  2. Sounds good to me, I think I am put off by the thought of calorie counting, but your menu looks quite tasty. enjoy. #binkylinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Fitness Pal app really helps with the calorie counting. It's very easy to use x

      Delete